Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It has been a while.... time to decorate!

It has been a while since I have had time to post.  Mom of two running around forgetting about work.  Well it is time to start thinking about work again.  I go back to work 4 days with a fabulous job share partner on Mondays this September. 

So it is time to set up my room.  It is almost like starting from scratch I have nothing up and my room is very different from how I usually have it.  This week I started to think about what I want it to look like.  I have decided lime green and teal are my two colour choices.  Many of my items are already that colour scheme.  First I needed Pinterest inspiration so I headed to my thousand pins and found this.


I absolutely love this classroom from Melanie Ralbusky's School Girl Style and her website is full of great ideas.  But for me I need something else so I decided that Dots of Turquoise from Creative Press was the way to go.  I bought non fading paper in blue and green and the borders. 

Well I then strated looking for more insperation on Pinterest.  And I found another great site where you can purchase the labels and word wall letters.  Perfect!!!!  I fell in love with this.


The website Classroom Couture is beautiful.  Check out the pink and black ideas as well.  So I purchased the set for $10.00  well worth it as I am going to use the alphabet for my word wall, the numbers for math centres (thank you Debbie Diller for keeping it simple)  and the ones above for my students book bins (Daily 5) and Library Bags!  Wow  It is starting to come together.

For my word wall I try and keep it words we know and not add too many Grade 1 wwords.  I have a set that I purchased but are red and typical school looking I think I need something else.  After a bit more searching I found a great blogger and great early learning writer Erica Bohrer.  I use her ideas a lot.  Well she has a very cute classroom and she also shares.

I am thinking I might need to purchase them at her Teachers pay Teachers store.  She has some great classroom set up too!

Well this is as far as I have gotten.  I am in need to figure out my math centres and Daily 5 and then I will be set to go in and really decorate.  I will post pictures of what my room looks like when I am all done.

I love seeing peoples classroom and reading your blogs please keep me posted on how you are doing.  I hope to keep the blog updated. My goal is at least once a month!!!!!  I think that is managable.

Happy summer and classroom setup!




No comments:

Post a Comment